Tuesday, June 11, 2013

May 2013 Favorites

Each year with the warmer weather, my skin starts to dramatic change.  During the winter I've had dry patchy skin but recently I've developed oil slicks that even my dad noticed!  So I've been trying out some new things.

Most notable I've been testing two of the Paula's Choice Resist line items for the last 3 weeks. I was resistant to try these at first as I'm accustomed to using department store lines, but I have to say I'm addicted.  The first is Resist Daily Smoothing Treatment 5% AHA and the other BHA 9.  I find with both my skin is much smoother the pores are significantly cleaner.  I got the BHA 9 to fix some of the milia I have around my under eye area and my chin area.  Although they are not gone they have come a long way.  I think with more time, they will disappeared altogether (hopefully).  The one complain I have is the dispensing of the BHA 9.  The consistency just oozes out of the pump and gets everywhere.  Overall, great product.

Going along with the skincare things, I've been trying to use more toners.  I've known for a long time that my skin really likes acid toners.  It just preps the skin the best whether I'm putting on my nightime skincare or daytime makeup. I've using the proactiv one in the past and my skin has been ok with it. I've also used a Mario Badescu glycolic acid toner.  Both are decent. This month I picked up the Michael Todd's Organic lemon toner. For some reason it feels even smoother than with the other ones.  My makeup just sits better on it. It has a light real lemon smell ( not pine sol).
Another love I have recently is waterproof eyeliner/eyeshadows: 
Stila's smudge crayon waterproof eyeliner in smoke.  I have very oily eyelids all the time and these do not smudge. Plus they are so easy to use...just swipe and smudge and go. 
Another one Pixi lid last shadow pen in mocha muave is great as well.  
I've been just using the pixi one as an overall just near my eyeline as a thick line, then the stila on the outer v area and lining with black liner. It seriously takes seconds.

Please comment your favorites or thoughts about these items.




No comments:

Post a Comment